Invitation to the Special Congress of the MSJ – Sunday November 19th 2017, 8 am to 4 pm
Venue - The University of the West Indies Inn and Conference Centre, St. Augustine Circular Road (which runs outside the eastern side of the Main Campus).
I first wish to inform you that on Friday November 10th in accordance with the Party’s Constitution, and as decided by the Activist Council of the Party; Nominations for all the positions on the National Executive Committee took place. The following posts on the National Executive Committee were nominated unopposed: Chairperson; Political Leader; Deputy Political Leader; General Secretary; Assistant General Secretary; Treasurer; Education Officer; Elections Officer; International Relations Officer; Party Organiser; Public Relations Officers; Social Services Officer.
I wish to sincerely thank the membership of the MSJ for your continued confidence in the leadership team and I look forward to the challenges ahead particularly preparing the MSJ for the 2020 elections.
One vital step towards this goal is our Party’s Special Congress - Sunday November 19th. The Congress is an important Forum of Democracy in our Party. It is the time when Members and Supporters from across the country can come together to discuss the work of the Party; celebrate the successes; identify the weaknesses; and agree on the plan of work to take us forward!
I therefore extend a personal invitation to you to participate in our Special Congress on Sunday Nov. 19th
- 8.00 am - Registration starts
- 8.30 am to 10 am - Health Fair -You should take advantage of this!
- 9 am to 11.30 - Forum of the Youth for Social Justice (YSJ). All young people – age 16-30 are encouraged to be a part of this Forum, which will feature video links with international activist
- 9 am to 12 noon - Open Discussion Forum – The People Speak – members and supporters take the floor and speak to the Party’s Leadership. The Youth will join this session at 11.30.
- 12 noon to 1 pm - Lunch will be provided
- 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm - The Business Session
- Report of the Elections Committee and Ratification by the Congress
- General Secretary’s Report
- Audited Financial Statements and Budget
- Special Address by Brother Jose Ramon Balaguer Cabrera, Head of the International Relations Department of the Communist Party of Cuba; a founding member of that Party and one of the few surviving leaders of the Sierra Maestra war with Fidel; Raul; and Che!
- Political Leader’s Address
- Fraternal Greetings by Guests
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday 19th! Remember the MSJ is the Only True Alternative!
Yours in Solidarity,